Monday, November 23, 2009

Drive South

(click on images for larger view)

After a soggy week in the Olympic rain forest I had a craving for somewhere sunny and dry so I am road tripping it in California until school starts up again in a week or so.
Here's a little hill I passed along the way. I can't tell if the picture turned out or not because the screen on this little laptop does not look like a normal monitor.










Here is a shot of the site where I camped.
It was a hike-in site (no cars) so it was mostly quiet except for the occassional noisy human...







...and a crow who was determined to annoy me every morning until I gave it some food (which I did not do).











This is the river that ran through the area as it is emptying into the Pacific Ocean...







Then after the sun went down it got dark very quickly.












A couple of nights I built a campfire and sat close to it because, although it was in the 70's during the day, once the sun went down it cooled off quickly and dropped to the upper thirties over night.






And after my week in the cold, wet rain forest on the Olympic Peninsula, this is the reason I went in the first place...

No comments:

Post a Comment